Become A Business Partner
Join our award-winning, supportive network of best practice, making a real difference to the next generation of performers.
It is a revolution in part-time theatre training, a rethink on the family a theatre franchise can be, readily informed by industry today. Work for yourself, not by yourself!
Duckegg Theatre Company started in 2008, when Artistic Director Haley Muralee began to notice a discrepancy between what the arts industry and drama schools needed from its young up and coming creators and what was being taught in part-time establishments. This, alongside a burning desire to reduce elitism in the arts and improve affordable opportunities in the North of England, formed the beginnings of the Duckegg Theatre Company ethos.
“I wanted to create a high quality training, with the feeling of an extended family, that my parents would have been able to afford to send me to.” – Haley Muralee
With Duckegg, you benefit from over a decade of experience and a proven franchise model when building your own ‘business with a heart’. Our central support team are with you every step of the way, from the planning stages to marketing, student retention and growth to teaching resources. We respect that all teachers approach their subject in different ways, and celebrate those differences rather than teaching from a ‘cookie cutter’ approach.
Duckegg operates as a professional touring theatre company, social enterprise and acting school, allowing students a unique array of opportunities to take part in paid theatre work, auditions, projects and shadowing. It is a truly industry based experience for young people from 3 years right up to 24 years.
We are always searching for special arts teachers and/or theatre industry professionals to run their own Duckegg Theatre Acting School® business as part of our flexible franchise programme.
“It is the most varied job I have ever had. One day i’m developing a marketing strategy, the next i’m mentoring students through auditions, the next i’m leading a group of 4 year olds through a forest of giants with Danny Duck.”
Shannon Mae Toyne – Theatre Practitioner
We offer you
- The opportunity to develop your own creative business.
- Affordable franchise prices to get your business off to a flying start. A realistic option with no hidden costs!
- The chance for the subject you teach to be taken seriously. We promote the arts as a viable career option for all and promote the benefits of studying theatre in a positive environment.
- A flexible business that can work around you and your lifestyle rather than a hum drum 9 to 5
- A real opportunity to make an impact not only on the human potential of the young people you are working with, but also the arts industry as a whole.
- Over a decade of research, development and experience of working with children, teachers, actors, writers, directors, producers, arts administrators, venues, drama schools, colleges, universities and casting directors.
Your franchise package includes:
• Trading under the Duckegg Theatre Company brand name.
• Full and ongoing training in all areas of the business.
• Holiday administration cover service.
• Content management system to streamline administrative tasks.
• Exclusive, large franchise territory.
• Processes, systems and templates to run the business efficiently.
• Launch and marketing support.
• Access to our theatrical agency, professional theatre company, auditions and central projects for your students.
• Funded LAMDA group examinations.
• Central website.
• Marketing materials.
• Ongoing support and regular ‘best practice development’ webinars.
• Branded uniform package.
• Resource samples.
To be successful with Duckegg you need to:
* Embody our ethos of initiative, good communication and nurturing human potential, demystifying the arts industry and making it accessible to all who choose.
* Be a genuine, people-person, with a passion for the arts.
* Have the desire and be willing to put the leg work into building your business.
* Commit to our reputation of best practice.
* Be able to work with a positive mental attitude.
* Be willing to follow our proven business and teaching models and work with our team.
* Be able to invest in the growth of your business.
If we sound right for you and you sound right for us, we will do all we can to make a Duckegg Acting School business achievable for you. The cost of a Duckegg franchise is less than the average price of a second hand car, with much better payment options! Our current average class income is £52.50 per hour as per the recommended pricing scale. You can choose to teach classes yourself or take on additional teachers or administrators in order to allow your company to spread further. Additional franchise areas are available to purchase at a reduced rate. If you don’t have the upfront capital to invest in your franchise fee, we offer the option to spread the cost over two or three years with 0% interest.
What comes next?
– passionate kids
– a willingness to learn
– a supportive working environment
If you don’t have that, why not?